Selfcare doesn’t have to be difficult.
We have put together 7 simples practices we can all add to our everyday lives to help give our mind, body and souls a little extra lovin’
1. Move your body for at least 30 minutes everyday – whether it’s a run, HIIT workout or simply a walk, moving your body is just as good for your mental health as it is your physical.
2. Write down 3 things you are grateful for. No matter how bad your day is, we all have things to be grateful for. Focusing on what you’re graceful for can help put things into perspective.
3. Drink more water. Simply put, being dehydrated can make you feel pretty crappy. Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.
4. Take some time outside. Nature is proven to have a positive effect on our mental health and can help reduce anger, stress and anxiety.
5. Connect with friends/family. Surround yourself with people who make you feel loved, valued and happy.
6. Prioritise your sleep. Adults should get between 7 – 9 hours sleep a night to keep our brains functioning at their best.
7. Smile. Not only does smiling make you (and those around you) happy, it also helps our bodies release cortisol and endorphins, providing numerous health benefits.