While lying on the massage table this week it came to mind that even though we may get the occasional massage (for sports or relaxation) our face is often left out.
I started to think about the benefits of massage – including reliving stress and tension, increasing circulation and removing impurities and toxins and it dawned on me that we really should be giving ourselves face massages more often.
Yes, we may get the occasional facial but we don’t always have the time or money to make it down to the local day spa.
Having beautiful, radiant skin not only makes us shine but also reduces the amount we spend on products over a period of time.
So, with some beauty therapy background in the MMWB team, we have come up with a simply and effect DIY facial massage routine that you can do weekly, monthly or whenever you have a spare half an hour to focus on self-care.
First start by pulling your hair away from your face, wash your hands and remove all makeup and oils from your face with warm water.
Now your skin is feeling fresh and free from product, start with placing a warm clean cloth over your face to help open up your pores. This will help relax your muscles and mind.
Steps to a DIY Facial Massage.
Now you are ready to begin your facial massage, choose your favourite skin care products (cleanser, exfoliator, mask and moisturiser), making sure they match up with your skin type.
- Start by lightly wetting your skin with warm water.
- Apply a small amount of exfoliator to your fingers and slowly start massaging your chin from the centre out, slowly moving up the face and finishing with your forehead where you use a full palm sweeping action from one side of the forehead to the other.
- Wash off with warm water and use a warm damp cloth to remove any excess.
- Repeat the same process with your favourite cleanser, removing it once you are satisfied with the massage.
- Dry your face with a clean dry cloth.
- Apply your favourite face mask. We are currently loving our Mura Face Mask which is made from yellow clay, lavender oil and chamomile oil, and designed to heal and protect sensitive skin. Apply the mask in a soft sweep movement with a foundation brush or with your fingertips. Avoiding the eyes and mouth.
- Rest comfortably for 15 mins while the mask dries on your skin, listen to your favourite tunes or pod-cast and zone out.
- After 15 mins wash off the mask with warm water and finish off massaging your skin with your daily moisturiser/ or night cream.
Here at MMWB we are all for natural, organic and vegan skin care products.
Be sure to check out Mura’s range of all natural, vegan-friendly skincare and don’t forget to use our discount code “MURA10” for 10% off your next order.