Vegan + Gluten Free / Makes 12 slices
3 cups gluten free rice puffs
1/2 cup unsalted, natural chunky peanut butter
2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
1/3 cup Canadian maple syrup
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegan dark melting chocolate
1. Line a square baking pan with unbleached baking paper. Set aside.
2. Add the rice puffs to a large mixing bowl.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and water. Stir frequently for roughly 2 minutes until the sauce resembles a caramel consistency.
4. Add the mixture to the rice puffs and fold gently until fully combined. Make sure the mixture is sticky, if not add a little more water.
5. Pour the rice puff mixture into the already prepared tray, and using a rubber spatula press down until tightly packed.
6. Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
7. Approximately 5 minutes before you take the slice out of the freezer, place the dark chocolate in a microwave proof dish.
8. Melt for 1 minute at a time, taking it out in between to stir until it reaches a runny and smooth consistency.
9. Remove the slice from the fridge, and using the spoon flick the chocolate sauce over the top of the slice.
Slice can be kept in the fridge for up to 7 days in a airtight container.